Monday, July 2, 2018

Week 79!

Hey mom, to start off, I need to ask forgiveness...I can't send photos. I know you'll be mad, but it's better this way, haha.  I sent you guys photos last week and nearly lost 1200 pics, haha, so I'm probably gonna be a little less on the photos for a bit.  I'm still a little worried that I lost some photos, but we´ll see.  

So, the new area is real cool!  Its been a ton of fun.  Ibagué is a real nice city, and it's really green.  It's funny you mention that Colombia is playing in the world cup because the big "star" from, the Colombian team actually lives in my area :) Too bad he is in Russia so I haven't seen him yet.  JAMES RODRIGUEZ is his name.  Pretty cool stuff.  It is pretty crazy for sure because everyone goes NUTS for the game.  Our apartment building puts on a big screen and watches it together...sadly...missionaries don't watch the world cup, haha.  But since everyone has it blasting, we have a pretty good idea about whats going on. :)   

My new comp is Elder Araujo from Brazil.  He is from a state called Sergepe.  Hes got about 20 months in the mission so he's pretty closed to done.  We´ve been getting along real well and we're pumped to get the Ibagué zone to be the best zone in the whole mission. :)

So this week was pretty good.  We got to Sunday and we were pretty short on new investigators, so we tried to work hard on that and get some news, and we only found a few, but we found some good ones. :) We had a contact from about a week ago named Adriana, who said that she got baptized about 10 years ago, but hasn't really come to church since then, but she accepted a visit.  So we came by, and she wasn't home, but her dad was.  And we asked if we could share something with him and he goes "uhhh....weeeelll....errr....sure.  Come on in." And so we came in and started talking with him.  About 10 minutes into the lesson he goes "Guys, I want you to come to my house every day. I need you to come and pray with me and read the scriptures with me so I can get closer to God." And we were like cool man sounds good.  Then a bit later he goes "I'm not gonna lie...I drank a beer a little bit ago, and I'm a little woosy...but I need you guys to come over every day to help me stop" and we were like, you got it man.  Then after a bit more, he goes "I know this is the true church, a few years ago, some other missionaries were coming to the house, and we read the Book of Mormon, and I know it's true."  So now all we gotta do is get him to come to church and he's HITTIN' THE WATER! Haha, cool experience ;) plus his daughter got there half way through the lesson (the less active one) and said she would go to church with him too. :) WOO

So yeah, pretty good week.  Cool area, new mission president (President and Hermana Palhua from Perú)  we´ll be meeting them this week so I'll let you know how it goes.  Lovin' life.  Talk to you soon. PEACE 

PS:  P Day was a sweet 4th of July party.  We tried to grill burgers and hot dogs but the grill didn't really work.  We figured it out in the end though.  Awesome times.  It's kind of sad because I can't eat american food like I used to.  I'm just not used to it anymore. I didn't even eat that much today and I was dying haha.  BUT IT WAS WORTH IT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment