Monday, April 30, 2018

Week 70!

Hey Mom!


Semi-interesting week.  We did quite a bit of working.  Gimme a sec. I'm trying to remember what even happened this week.

Oh yeah! Haha, so this week we were just walking to an appointment and we heard a song we liked from a nearby bar, so I made elder Layza walk slow so we could listen to it (#rebellious) so he bent down to tie his shoe (to take up more time) and when we stood up to walk away, a guy went "Hey, don't leave yet, I want to invite you for a soda," and he invited us in to a little empanada restaurant and gave us empanadas and Colombiana [soda].  He told us that he wasn't  a member, but he had an old friend from a while back who was a member, who served a mission in Argentina.  And that he wrote his friend on the mission and his friend told him "Hey, the mission is real hard, so if you ever see the missionaries walkin' around, you need to buy them a drink." Haha, super cool blessing.  We got talkin' with the guy and he was telling us about his life and he said "But apart from this I want you guys to come visit me at home and teach me about your church."  So we went and visited him after 2 days and he's a super cool investigator!  His name is Fabio.  The best part is that hes been writing to his returned missionary friend and he's got a real good support on that side.  He said he's gonna come to church on Sundee so I guess we´ll see how that goes!!! 

Today we had a sweet fishin' trip out in a place called Restrepo.   Suuuper fun.  You'll all be proud to know that it was my idea.  It was pretty funny because everyone's Latin comps were like "ehhh...fishing? What if we just played socceeerrr" and all the gringos were like "nah, we always freaking play soccer, we're goin' fishing." And we did.  It was wayyyy fun.  It was a little fishing plantation out in the middle of this sweet farm.  It's a "pay for what you catch" deal, and its a little less than 2 bucks a pound.  Then afterwards we went to the Silva Families house and fried 'em all up.  It was a dang dream.  Dad and the boys would have loved it.  I was thinkin' we all come down here for a few days and stay in a "Hotel Campestre" (look up Hotel Campestre, Restrepo, Meta and you'll see) and just fish and eat and fish and eat.  Not gonna lie, I know I left you guys thinkin' I hate fishin', but I've been missing goin' fishin' like crazy so it felt good to just get out and catch, hahaha.  I'm pumped to come down with you guys.

So yeah! It's been a great week.  Love you guys like crazy! Hope you have a good week.  Much love.







From Tanner:  listen to the song my comp is reading in this edition of "Music and the Spoken Word" (courtesy of Elder Layza)


No comments:

Post a Comment