Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 68!

Wow, sounds like a pretty interesting week  for you guys.  This week for me was pretty normal.  Not in a bad way though.  I don't know, you gotta see my side.  I do the same dang thing every dang day, haha.  

Something cool was that we had the multi zone conference on Tuesday.  I know it sounds SUPER interesting, but it was about studying.  Yes, studying the scriptures every morning, haha.  It was pretty good though, when you're in the mission and literally your whole life is study the scriptures and teach what you learn.  So I can't really complain at all.  Elder Layza and I gave a training on how to have an effective personal and companionship study according to your investigator and their needs.  The training was 40 dang minutes long so that was pretty intense.  But we did pretty well.  We did an example of how to manage your personal study to be able to have an effective comp study to make good lesson plans for your investigators.  I know, super interesting.

One thing that was kind of cool from the training was that we talked a lot about the talk by Larry Y. Wilson in the conference.  The talk was about personal revelation, and how it can help us not only in our daily lives as missionaries...but just in life in general.   The President talked about how we need to learn to receive personal revelation BEFORE the "storm" comes.  Just like in the talk.  If we train ourselves to be open to the spirit before the emergencies, we´ll be more calm when the moment comes, and we will be able to handle it better.  Definitely worth working on.  I liked the idea of training myself and learning to receive personal revelation BEFORE the bad moments come, so that I will always be ready.

After the training we had to run to the offices to grab some materials...and they SUCKED us into going to dinner with them...okay they didn't suck us in, we wanted to go with them.  We went to TGI DANG FRIDAYS.  There is one close to the offices so we definitely hit that up.  It was real good, but real expensive.(sorry I've pulled out so much money lately, I had to pay for a bunch of stupid mission things and they didn't give me the money I needed in time, so now I'm just waiting for them to pay me back.)  It was a lot of fun, they played a bunch of good music and it was real good american food.  Can't go wrong.  

So yeah, that's pretty much the week.  Just chillin' and living the colombo dreem  #livthedreem #livthemeem
Love, Peace.

P.S. my comp is from Peru, but he was raised in Barcelona, Spain, so he has a funky Spanish accent.









No comments:

Post a Comment