Monday, April 9, 2018

Week 67!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I'm sure its still going on and will continue for the rest of the month just like you want.


Well my new comp Elder Layza got here.  I had met him before in a multi zone conference, but we just talked a little.  But everything has gone really smooth!! Haha, we are like twins.   We were just chatting it up, and I go..."So what kind of music do you like?" and he goes "Metal."  Haha, so we have gotten along just fine.  We are always finding cool bands in common and having good ol' times.  For example, Today we were talking about movies.  And he goes "If you ever see the movie Spirit, it'll make you cry," and I said, "Dang man, I almost cried in Toy Story 3," and he goes, "yeah man, me too."  Then later we saw some movie commercials playing outside of the movie theater (haha, which is about as close as we can get to seeing actual movies) and that one British guy from About Time was in it.  My comp goes "Hey, he's British right?"  I went "yeah. He was in the only other movie that nearly made me cry, About Time." (in Spanish it's called "CuestiĆ³n de tiempo") and he looks at me, the gets all serious and goes, "Yeah man...me too" and then fist bumps me, hahaha.  So we have had a lot of good times.

This week was kind of interesting.  We went to a place called La Cuncia to see a guy get baptized in a river, because that's how he wanted it. It was a pretty interesting experience.  I guess it would be a super rad experience, so I don't blame him at all.  BUT, La Cuncia is also known for its chorizo...which is like this nasty sausage thing. So we definitely went all over the place and tried a bunch of them.  So worth it.  They are these big ol' sausages on a stick, and you eat it with arepa and lime.  It's not bad...but as you can see, they don't look very appetizing.

This week we were kind of struggling on time because of some things we had to do, but we tried our best to keep our goals in mind, and then plan according to our goals.  So we were kind of struggling to find new investigators, but we didn't give up.  We decided Saturday night, right before we went home to drop by an old investigators house and invite her to church.  She was there with her brother and her friend.  So we invited all of them to church tomorrow, and we dropped by the house in the morning, and it seemed like they weren't coming.  So we just went to church.  When all the sudden, miraculously all three showed up in the middle of sacrament meeting!  It was cool to help them meet some members. There were a lot of members who were real pumped to see the old investigator there again too.  It was a rad thing.  We set a baptismal date with them so they should hopefully get progressing towards it real soon!

Also, Happy Pday, we made tacos with the bros.  #grattims




Also, Happy Pday, we made tacos with the bros.  #grattims


No comments:

Post a Comment