Monday, May 7, 2018

Week 71!

Hey, Mom! I feel ya, not much goin' on here either.  Just working on missionary stuff as usual.

This week was pretty busy, but not with really any cool missionary stuff, just travellin' and what not.  We had to go to Bogotá for the leadership counsel, which was cool I guess. It's just a lot of talking about numbers, and a lot of sitting and listening.  It's good, and definitely necessary, but I just can't sit still for that long.  It started at 8 and ended at like 5.  And 90% of it was just sitting. Holy dang shiz.  I was dying.  But we did learn a lot of good useful stuff.  Nothing really interesting for you guys though.  

We were a little worried on Saturday because we had only found 1 new investigator in the week, and we hadn't reached our goal, so we decided to go out and contact.  It's kind of hard contacting in our area because there really aren't that many houses, so we sometimes just go exploring for new houses.  So we finally found a street where we could contact.  We got some good appointments set up, but we still hadn't found any new investigators.  So we saw a guy out on his patio kicking a soccer ball with his kid, and we went up and started talking to him.  We got like 10 seconds into talking to him when he went "Hey dawgies, you guys are Christians, right?" and we said, "Yeah man you know it." And he goes "Cool my dudes, my mom is Christian, she'll wanna talk with you." And so he went and grabbed his mom, and she came out and started talking to us, and then invited us in so talk.  We got to share with her, her son, and her son's friend.  They all understood the message pretty well.  The lady was a little nervous about the Book of Mormon (because its not The Bible) but she said she is willing to give it a try and read it.  Plus she believes real heavily in prayer, so if she actually reads and prays like she said she would, she should receive an answer.  The other kids said they were willing to give it a try too.  Blessin's.

Other than that we really didn't have a ton of time to do missionary work.  Oh well though, ya take what you can get.

ALSO! I received the package finally!  Haha it was like Christmas dang day! Elder Layza and I have been eating candy and Takis like crazy.  Lovin' it.  Thanks a ton guys, you're the best.  My hair is lookin' good too.  Also, the christian lady we were teaching asked me what product I use because I don't have any zits, and I don't use anything, I just use HQ shave stuff.  Haha, gotta love it. 

Thanks for everything, Mom.  I hope you have an awesome week. I hope your work is going well for you.  Much love.







No comments:

Post a Comment