Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 66!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!  I hope it's awesome and lasts all month long just like you like it.  FREAKING HAMILTON?? So cool!!!  Super Jealous mom, I hope it is everything you want it to be :) haha.

This week was pretty average as usual.  Apart from conference, which is always a good time, especially in the mission.  I don't know, outside of the mission I just kind of slept through it, and didn't really pay attention that well, but now its a lot cooler since it's finally something different from the Mormon movies we can watch in the mission.  So it was a lot of fun.  I didn't go in with a specific question to be answered, but I think what I needed to learn from this conference is that the whole "ministry" thing is for me.  I really wasn't very good with the whole "Home teaching" thing so all the stories and stuff really motivated me to work harder to help the people around me.  I liked the story of the less active European lady who never wanted anything, but then at the perfect moment, she knew exactly who to go to.  And the story of the guy whose wife died, and he needed someone in the very moment, and called his home teacher.  It made me look back on my work as a home teacher and go, "would the people that I teach have even thought to call me?" Haha, or even worse, "do the people I'm assigned to teach even know that I am their home teacher?" Hahaha.  So I left with  a new motivation to take my priesthood responsibility seriously.  

Well it was week six (the last week) of the transfer, which is always real tough.  We did our best to work, but there are just a lot of weird things you have to do so the work becomes a little different for a week.  Elder Nielsen left today, which was kinda weird.  He has been my comp in total for a quarter of my mission.  I mean like what will be a quarter when I'm done, haha.  We were together in total 6 months (3 in Leticia, 3 in Villavicencio).  He is headed to a place called Tunjuelito to train.  He seemed pretty excited to train. This is his second time training so he should be fine. When he finishes his training he will be done with the mish.  Haha, that's so wierd to think about!  I was with him in Leticia when he hit his year mark.  WHOA.   My new comp is named elder Layza, from Peru.  He hasn't gotten here yet, so I don't know too much about him.  I'll take some pics and let you know more next week.  

Love you guys a ton!  Hope you have a good week!  Happy birthday, Mom!  Hope it's awesome.  Besitos.


Got my arm around the man-he wasn't amused.
#sorryforthemissionaryhumor



We got some sweet zone ponchos...super rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment