Monday, December 18, 2017

Week 51!

Hey mom! Just so you know, the 24th, at 5:00 COLOMBIAN TIME we will be skyping so be ready :)

Glad to hear you guys had an interesting week! Hahaha, this week was pretty interesting for me as well.

Well we all thought that this week was going to be a little more chill because the Christmas parties and everything were over, but HECK, the week was still full of stuff to do.  Oh well, it was still fun.  I think they try and keep us pretty busy and distracted because Christmas time is pretty rough in the mission.  

The other day the zone leaders texted us and told us, "Hey, tomorrow you have to be in the North in the morning to help out with a service project."  And that was it.  Nobody told us what we would be doing, or how much time it would take...or really anything. We got there the next day and we got to help out some Venezuelans get some food.  For those that don't know, Venezuela isn't doing so well.  It's pretty much in civil war because their president is so corrupt.  It's almost impossible to find food, paper, soap, or really anything.  So they are all doing everything they can to get out of Venezuela, but when they get here they don't have much.  Including food or money.  So the church donated a bunch of food to help these people out.  Since a lot of them were mothers with babies, they had us carry their food boxes to the bus, and help them get everything they needed.  It was cool to help out, plus some of my friends from the North mission that I met in the MTC were there so we had a real good time. :) The only bad part was that I got SUPER heckin' sunburned.  Hahaha, everyone made fun of me at church because I was so red.  Oh well, I can't help that I'm gringo.  

Also, this week we had 5 investigators come to church :)  I know that doesn't sound like anything too great, but DANG WHAT A MIRACLE.  Getting people to come to church sometimes feels like pulling teeth, but this week wasn't so bad so I'm plenty happy about it, haha.  A lot of people that hopefully will be ready for baptism real soon. :)  

Starting last week (and continuing this week) we are singing Christmas hymns as a zone in everyone's area.  So we started yesterday in our area...but there was a concert going on right next to it the whole time, so nobody could hear us very well, and it was just kind of nuts. But we are gonna keep singing this week and we'll see how it goes, haha. :)

Thanks for everything guys!  I pulled some money out today to buy myself a sweet pair of shoes.  They look pretty rad, I also got some stuff for my district for Christmas so thanks mom (and Grammy). :)  I love you guys a ton.  Can't wait to see you guys next week :) I'll try and send some photos in a bit.  






No comments:

Post a Comment