Monday, December 4, 2017

Week 49!

Hey mom! Thanks for the long letter :) I appreciate it.  Sounds like a pretty eventful week.  I emailed grandpa to let him know I love him.  Haha, I love the story about "give Marci a raise. :) Haha, if I could could call and say the same thing :) 

This week was pretty good.  We felt like for the majority of the week we just didn't have a ton to do.  We have some really good investigators that we have been working a lot with, so we really have been spending a lot of time for them.  But we really felt like we needed new investigators.  We did a lot of contacting (tracting?) and we didn't have a ton of success. But we kept trying and working, and I guess in the end, the Lord saw our diligence and blessed us with some new people to teach. :)  It came down to yesterday and we barely had any news, but a member brought 2 friends to church! So we talked to them and set an appointment to pass by yesterday after church.  They accepted, and we went over.  They lived there with two other people who were really excited to listen.  So in the end, we got 4 new investigators.  It was pretty awesome.  Its really cool when the ward participates in the mission work, it makes it a lot more efficient.  

Also, we had interviews with the president this week.  I always like to bring questions to my interviews because the president pretty much knows everything.  He is super smart and can help with everything.  So I pretty much asked him about everything.  We have some investigators who are progressing really well, but just aren't ready to get baptized, so I asked what I could do to help them.  He really helped me out a lot.  I also asked him what I can  do to help my district more, and he helped a ton.  Really a super smart man.   In the end my interview was like an hour...I think it bugged everyone else but hey, it helped out.

Being a district leader is pretty cool.  It's kind of the best of all the leadership positions. Everyone wants to be a district leader.  It's fun.  My district is a lot of fun.  For the most part, sisters always work really hard, and they don't have any problems with disobedience, so it's not very difficult.  Overall my district has a lot of success so I'm really happy.

This week we have a Christmas activity with the mission.  It should be pretty fun, I think I am going to get to see a bunch of old friends from the mission which will be a ton of fun. :) Also we have another Christmas party with the ward, which should be cool too.  I think we are going to sing a hymn or something.  Maybe I'll sing some metal or something, I don't know.  Its supposed to be a talent show, so maybe I'll punch dance.  

So that's pretty much it from this week. I hope everything is going well for you guys in Eutaw.  Love and miss you guys.   Keep on keepin' on.  Talk to you soon :) the computer is super slow so I'll try and send photos in a bit. 







No comments:

Post a Comment