Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Week 14!

Hey! This week wasn't too interesting, because I've been a little sick with a pretty harsh cold because the weather is changing here, but getting to go to conference was great!  I got to watch it with the other gringos, so getting to watch it in English was awesome.  It's crazy how some of those talks felt like answers to my prayers.  I especially liked the Saturday evening Jeffrey R. Holland talk, and the Saturday evening Gary B. Sabin talks.  I think you should all listen to those.

Today we got to go to Montserrate!!  It was super rad.  It's a catholic church on top of the mountains in Bogota!! Super beautiful.  We got to go with our zone so it was a ton of fun!  We had to hike like 30 minutes down in our missionary clothes, but that's alright, what can you do, haha.
After that we went to a dinner buffet, which was great because they had food besides rice and chicken.  It felt so good to get through an entire meal without rice, hahaha. I had to pay for my comp, so sorry if I blew through too much cash.  It was really fun though.

After dinner we went to a sports store, and I really blew through some cash there, haha.  I bought a Colombian soccer jersey and its super cool, but a little pricey.  If anyone else wants one, I can take orders (family only please, haha).

MOM, YOUR BIRTHDAY IS THIS WEEK!!  I don't know why I'm so excited, on dad's birthday I bawled my eyes out, haha.  I feel like I'm celebrating it with you!  I hope it is awesome, and I hope you can wait another 20 months to get your present. :) 

We got a new gringo in our district Elder Christensen! He's from Salt Lake and he's super cool.  It's weird how much we are alike.  He had the exact same situation as me in the CCM! He was the only gringo going to Bogota Sur, and his comp was going to Medellin!  He also collects antiques.  Specifically tie clips.  It's pretty cool to have a new gringo to talk to :) 

I hope we can get a little more done next week! Not a lot happened this week because of this dang cold I got.  Things are getting better.  I'm sick of the days where we can't do anything, and conference recharged my motivation so it should start getting better.

Love you like crazy!  I hope your birthday rocks, and lasts all month long like you like it to!  You're the best mom that ever has existed, and I hope you know that.  Thanks for writing me! Ill try and upload more photos and videos to google drive.  Talk you you next week.  Love you!










No comments:

Post a Comment