Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 13!

SECOND TRY SATURDAY!

I actually got my first baptism!  It was super cool.  I can't believe we got one so soon!  One of Elders was telling me he didn't get one for his first 6 months, so I guess I'm #BLESSED, hahaha.  I got to do the baptism, and it took me two tries, and it was Saturday (lol...second try Saturday) but it was really cool.  The water was freezing because we couldn't turn on the heater, and it was also green because we are in Colombia, where the water is whatever color it feels like being.  But the spirit was super strong!!!  Afterwards, her aunt (who she lives with) bore her testimony, and then she got to bear hers, but she couldn't say much because she was crying. What a cool experience.

Other than that we didn't get to do much, we spent two days of this week in norte, because someone lost my Colombian ID so we had to go get it. Which is cool, but it sucks because its like and hour and a half there, and an hour and a half back.  But that's fine because norte is sweet. I've decided that when we visit, we´ll stay in norte and just go visit the other cool places from there.  

I don't know if you can see from the pictures, but I got to meet Élder Parsons this week!  He is a nice guy, I respect him a lot.

My spirituality is great, I find myself praying for like 10 or more minutes every night.  It helps because I can see the blessings from sincere prayer.  Also, since they changed the mission rules, I have time to do personal study at night, and not just for my investigators.  So I'm getting a lot of studying done, because first I need to seek to obtain the word, then I can teach it.

We also got a new gringo in our district so that's been cool!  I'm not the newest anymore, haha, because he just got out of the CCM.  They live in our area so we get to see them quite a bit.
Other than that not much happened! I'm still convinced this is another planet, haha, but I'm loving it.

Also, we are going to the centro next week, so I will probably use the card, so just keep an eye on it.  Thanks :)  I love you.  Hopefully i will have some cool pics of the centro because its like a Spanish New York, hahaha.  Thanks for sending me pics and keeping me updated every week, I really couldn't ask for a better mom. :) I hope you know that i think you are the best.  I love my family more than anything on this planet...and my home planet...still not convinced I'm on the same world anymore, haha.  I love you, have fun on your 4 trips to Saint George since I left, lol. :) Something pretty crazy to think about, I've already downed 13 weeks...that means I have less than 100 P Days left in my mission.  I don't know how its going for you guys, but the time is flying by for me.  I hope you guys feel the spirit next week in gen conf, I'll be watching it too (in English, woo!) so in a way we´ll be watching it together.  I love a million.  Talk to you soon! (Only like one more month until we Skype, and only like 2 more weeks until your birthday!!) 

I love you like crazy, Mom.  I tell people all the time that I literally have the greatest family in the world.  I miss you guys a ton.  Talk to you next week!

Elder Sotoki, Elder Leishman and Likski




 


No comments:

Post a Comment