Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 12!

This week wasn't all that interesting.  But we did get to go to the temple today which was awesome! But what wasn't awesome is that we had to get up at 4 to go, haha.  The temple is pretty far, and we have to take a Trax kinda thing all the way there.  The temple is in norte, which I've decided is where we would live should we ever come to Colombia. Its a lot safer, and it just feels like a more tropical Salt Lake that speaks Spanish, haha.  Its pretty sweet.  We got to eat Subway which was pretty sweet also.  We were gonna eat at McDonalds, but that's too expensive, lol.  Its about the same price, but it just feels too expensive here. I can tell I'm gonna be a real cheap-wad when I get home.

I finished my first cambio [we think this means transfer] this week! Hard to believe that I've already been gone 3 months man. Time flies.  I guess that's okay because I wanna see my family again.  Elder Sotoski and I are both staying in Bosa, except now Elder Sotoski is the district leader! So that's pretty cool 'cuz I get to help him with those kinds of things.

This week we got to hang out with the Baragan family, which makes me happy because they remind me so much of my grandparents. It´s kind of weird, they are like the most American Colombian family ever, haha.  They are so cool.  They always make us arepas when we go over.  They love to just sit and talk, its awesome. 

We have a baptism this week! So hopefully all will go smoothly and she´ll get baptized on the 22.  Her name is Liksi and she's super cool.  She's from the coast, so she's a little difficult to understand but that's okay because she seems really excited about her baptism! 

[In response to asking him if he needs anything sent to him...]  The only thing I can think of is if you could send more ties.  If you ever find a floral tie, please pick it up, haha. I only have one or two, and everyone wants to trade for them, but they have too much sentimental value attached because my bros and my dad at home have the same one. ;)  I told Elder Sotoski that I would ask you to send one, hahaha.  

We also found a wing restaurante in our area we are gonna try tonight so wish us luck!! I know they will be nothing compared to dad's wings but we´ll see how it goes.

Love you like crazy! I pray for you guys every day!!  Talk to you soon!

Elder Leishman


Subway!  A nice little taste of home.  




Tanner said, "It was super cool to run into you in Colombia, Dad!  Wow, what a pleasant surprise!  Hahaha!  We were walking in the street and Elder Sotoski saw this sign and goes, "look!  It's your dad!" So I had to grab a pic."

1 comment: