Monday, June 4, 2018

Week 75!

Dang you guys had a killer week! JEALOUS! But not too jealous, I had a good week too.  Hamilton and Pie Hole is hard to beat though. :) 

Dang that's wack a kid is coming to my mission is September.  Who knows, maybe I'll train him :) Give him my email so I can help him out with prep stuff. :)

GOOD WEEK THOUGH!  We got a baptism. :) His name is Alexander.  I'm not going to lie, when I first met him, I thought, "he seems like a nice kid, but I don't think hell ever come to church." But hey, here we are a few weeks later, and he's baptized! He was really nervous, but after he got interviewed he was real pumped.  He was even talking to some members about how he wants to go on a mission.

Also, miracle of the week.  Yesterday, we needed to find 3 new investigators to be able to reach our new goal, and we had made plans to reach it, but suddenly the plans fell through.  We got a little nervous but we trusted that the Lord would bless us.  We went and visited a less active sister who loves sharing the gospel with everyone that comes by, and we just shared a little scripture, and one of her friends sat down where we were talking.  We said hi and the member sister goes, "yeah she goes to a church, but I told her that our church is better!" Haha, kind of an interesting way to share the gospel, but in the end, she invited us in to teach her and her 2 kids.  They are from Mitu Vaupez in the Amazons so we got to talk a little bit about the Amazons because I lived in the forest for a bit too, haha.  It was really cool.  They really loved hearing the message of the restoration.  They were happy to hear that God still loves us and still calls prophets in these days. They were also happy to hear about the Book of Mormon, because it was pretty much written by their ancestors.  I'm hoping we can keep teaching them and that they can come to church.

We also had our last interview with Presidente Baquerizo.  It was pretty rough.  He started off the interview explaining the importance of our work here in the mission.  He said "You can never appreciate how important you're work is here, you'll get home, and be able to say, I baptized X number of people, or I taughtt X number of people, but they might go on missions, or their kids might, and the amount of people who come to know the gospel grows every time, so you really cant ever know how much of a difference you really are making."  That really impacted me.  It's true though, we never really know how much we are helping here.  It was  a pretty intense interview.  I'm going to miss Presidente and Hermana Baquerizo a ton. They have been some really great examples to me for the last 17 months.

But yeah, that's pretty much my week. :) It's been a good one for sure. Love you guys, peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment