Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 18!

Hey mom! Things have been great!  I stayed in Bosa, but Elder Sotoski headed out.  I got a new companion named Elder Gambini.  He's from Argentina, Sante Fe.  He is pretty quiet and a little serious but I'm sure I can crack him.  He says he likes to play chess so I'm sure we´ll get along just fine.  He's also really good at rubix cube so he's gonna have to teach me that too.  

This week we talked with a family that we contacted in the street a few weeks ago.  They were super curious about everything.  They said that they recognized a lot of the things that were changed from the church that Jesus Christ established on the earth so they were curious to find out more.  The lesson went really well, but we had to leave them with a ton of questions because we didn't have a ton of time.  We set up another lesson with them for Thursday, so we'll see how it goes.  

For Elder Sotoski´s last day in Bogotá we did a little bit of celebrating.  We went and got burgers at a burger place we had been wanting to try for a while.  It was pretty good actually.  And they owner is a member.  We also ate a bunch of empanadas and visited some families in the ward.  It was pretty fun.  He has been here for a while and has wanted to leave for a while, but it seemed pretty rough for him to leave. Oh well.  They say you get used to the cambios.  

The other day when we were visiting a member family we got on the subject of food.  They asked me what food I really miss from my country, and I told her my mom´s cheesy potatoes.  After I described them to her she goes "OH! I know what that is! Next time you have lunch here I'll make it for you!"   So we got there and it was the nicest thing!  They LOADED my plate up with this stuff :) It wasn't quite the same, but it was still really good and super nice.  

This week I finished my training!!! Super cool.  Now I can have a little more authority in what we do, haha.  Before it was hard because when my comp wanted to just hang out, I couldn't really say anything or he would just be like "Tranquilo, normal" so now I can just be like "No! Let's freaking work!" So I'm pumped.  It's gonna be good.  

This week we said by to a fellow gringo in our zone, Elder Bowcutt.  He headed out to Soacha, so he will be missed.  But we did get another gringo, and I think another one will be coming too.  It's pretty cool because sometimes we can just speak English together.  Only when there are just a few of us though, because if we are all speaking English it's not really fair, haha.  So that's basically all that went down this week! 

Love you a ton, Mom.  Can't wait to talk to you on Skype!  If you guys could please set me up a Skype account that would be perf.  I only get 40-45 minutes to talk so that kinda sucks but oh well what can ya do.  Love you and miss you! Talk to you soon!

It was hard to say goodbye to Elder Sotoski!  These two got along great!

Cheesy potatoes!  



New companion!  Elder Gambini


No comments:

Post a Comment