Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Week 19!

Hey mom! This week did worked really hard to find new investigators!  We found 6 total, which isn't a ton, but that's better than we were doing before! We also were able to get 3 people with a baptismal date!  So I'm really excited and hopefully we can get them to progress, and get to their baptism! 

Last week I asked dad for a good salsa recipe, and I gave it a try.  It wasn't nearly as good as dad's, but it did the trick! My comp loved it too, so we have made it a couple times and its been pretty awesome.  I'm tweaking my method to try and make it more like dad's, but it has still been awesome so I'm loving it.  

We also got a basically new zone this week! I'm super excited to start fresh with a new zone, and get our numbers up.  We got a new zone leader too named Elder Thompson, and he is the biggest stud.  He shared some good testimony with me the other day, and literally nearly made me cry while we were walking in the street, lol.  He is freaking awesome.

Also, I've been eating popcorn like CRAZY.  Literally I will make two batches a day and just eat it throughout the day, haha.  It has been awesome.  It's also dirt cheap, haha, so it's been pretty good. 

I am also making my own cherry coke, which everyone I share it with seems to love it.  It's no Cheerwine, but it's pretty good.  These people always turn their noses up at it until they try it' haha.  I'm not sure why cherry coke doesn't exist here.

Today we went to an old convert of Elder Gambini, and Elder Alonzo, from Piamonte (Elder Christensen's comp) and they made us lunch, which was really cool, except I'm pretty sure it was just a ball of pig fat...it was hard to down it, haha.  The rest of the food was great, but that was a difficult thing to eat.  Elder Christensen even had to sneak some of it into a napkin and hide it in his bag, hahaha.  Oh well, what can ya do.

Yesterday we got to help a family paint their house for a little bit.  It was cool.  Service is always fun, I think we are heading back later this week to help finish up the job.  

So I was thinking about it, and I figured that the next package I get will be for my birthday, so I thought I might ask for some REAL specific stuff.  If you guys could go to penwish.com and order a Waterfall, and a Buster CYL that would be prime.  If you can't figure it out, ask Koleman for help - he knows how it works.  Also, I can't get enough ties, so keep sending those.  It's kind of hard because I end up giving my ties to people, and I don't wanna run out, hahaha.  We will be going to Centro soon so I'll be able to buy some there too.  But I'll think about what other stuff I might need for my birthday ;) 

[this is in reference to Marci asking Tanner for some Tanner-ish songs] I also thought of some good songs to share with mom for her playlist.  The song Vivir La Vida, by Mark Anthony, and Ya No Me Duele Mas.  Sorry they're always in Spanish, but that's kind of all we hear down here.  I'll try and think of some good English ones as they come to me, but most of the time they are shizzy folk songs, haha.  

Thanks for everything, Mom! I love you a ton.  You are amazing! Thanks for writing me all the time. For skype, we will be skyping this Sunday, at 4:00 Colombian time, so just be ready at whatever time that is for you guys.  I'm not sure how it will go down, so you might be waiting awhile.  We´ll see, haha.  SO excited to talk to you guys.  Who knows if ill even be able to talk, I might just cry the whole time, hahaha.  Love you! Thanks for everything.

Love - Elder Leishman

Elder Christensen and Elder Leishman

Elder Gambini and Tanner




No comments:

Post a Comment