Thursday, February 2, 2017

Week 5!

Well, here is my last email from the CCM (I think)!  I'm pretty sure next week will just be a quick I'm here and I'm alive email. 

Not a lot really happened this week.  The new Nortes are super cool so that has been fun.  I'm super surprised how fast these last two weeks have gone.  It's been super crazy.  I don't know if I mentioned this before, but we got a new teacher named Hermana Peña, who doesn't speak a bit of English.  It has been super cool because we all had to step up our Spanish game to be able to have class with her.  We have all improved a ton.

On Sunday, Presidente Hansen gave us a quick lecture on Venezuela.  They are in a super tough place right now, and they are staring a violent revolution in the face.  There are a few Elders and Hermanas from Venezuela, and unfortunately that is the only place they are allowed to serve.  It has been super humbling to see the sacrifice they are making to serve.  I've gotten real tight with some of the Venezuelans because I know a bunch of their slang like Chamo because of my boss Jesus (when I was a janitor). He also taught me some not so good words that I didn't know were swearwords.  Hahaha, oops!  Oh well. My friend Elder Luna (the handsome dude in the first photo) is Venezuelan and he tells me about it. It's pretty crazy there.  Please pray for Venezuela.  

Pray for Bogota South too, I'm gonna be living there awhile :)

I hope everything is great at home! I miss you all like heck but its been sweet here.  Love you guys!
Talk to you in two weeks!

Elder Leishman










No comments:

Post a Comment