Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 7!

Hey guys! We out here is Bosa!  We have been teaching and walking like crazy, but that's the missionary life! Hahaha.  It's been super cool, the days pass surprisingly fast.  I can't believe it's already been almost a week out here!  Its crazy.  

We haven't been teaching a ton because I'm still in training but it's still been good.  The people who live here are very poor, but very humble.  This place is pretty crazy...try and google Bosa, Bogota, Colombia and see what you can find.  Its a pretty busy place.  It also never shuts up.  There is always music playing really loud, and horns honking and people yelling, hahaha, you wouldn't believe.  

One experience I had this week is that we ate at a members house who was super poor, and she gave us this food called Mondongo...cow stomach.   I had to down that ish...but i rocked it.  Until we got home and i threw up all of it.  Elder Sotoski got a video, and I would send it but that would take up all my time.   

I also got to teach FHE to a family this week which was super cool.  It was just a short lesson, but they seemed to like it.  We brought an investigator along too and I think he liked it.  Then on Sunday I had to give a talk.  Little did I know we don't get personal study on Sundays, so I had like 5 minutes to prepare a 10 minute talk, in a language I don't speak, hahaha.  In the end it went really well.  I think I took up the whole 10 minutes, and my comp said it even made him cry.  They ward seemed to like it too so that was good. The ward is super small...like roughly 30 people.  But the people here are super cool.  

That's about all for this week.  Love you guys! Talk to you next week.

Also, mom if you could send some chapstick that would be awesome.  I'm almost out and its like super expensive here.  Like 4 or 5 bucks, haha.  Love you guys!! Talk to you next week.

Elder Gabriel Sotoski and Elder Tanner Leishman






This is how they do laundry - some guy shows up at their door, and they rent this machine for three hours, and comes back to pick it up.   


No comments:

Post a Comment