Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hey Guys!

From Marci:  Elder T Leish had a much better week and seems to being doing better with the homesickness!  Thank you so much for your prayers on his behalf.  They are working!  

It's finally P day again!!! Today we went and took care of our Visas so we got to see a little bit of the city.  The more I see of this city, the more I fall in love with it.  It's covered in street vendors which is super cool.  Also, there's always traffic, and they drive like crazy people here.  It feels like there are no rules.


Today was kind of a hard day, we had to say bye to the Latinos that we lived with, and all the other Latinos, and also the Nortes that were here before us.  It's just us for the rest of the day, then we get a new shipment of people tomorrow.  I'm excited to meet my new roommates. 
My Spanish is improving a lot, I've gotten to where I can have a full conversation with people, and every time I talk with a native, they compliment my Spanish.  That feels pretty good, even though I know they are just trying to be nice.

I do have a few things I would like you to send.  I need some more pictures, like physical pictures in an album, or for my album.  Have someone like Collin go through my google images and find some good pictures of Havasupai, the family, the swags, all the goods. I need more.  Also, I've been CRAVING Cheerwine (one of his favorite sodas...despite the name...).  I don't know if it is possible to send soda, but if it is, I would love some.  I would also like a couple hacky sacks. Just some cheap ones that I can carry around on the street with me.  When all my friends were leaving I wanted to give them some, but I didn't have any to give away. 

We also got to do our first Proselyting activity!!! We went out and talked to real people!! Elder Olson and I were awesome! We got 5 references for the missionaries, and we handed out like 13 pass along cards, and handed out two Books of Mormon! It was a really cool experience.  They just dropped us off and said "Alright, see you in 3 hours" and we just went.  SUUUPER cool.  We finally got to do some exploring.  

I love you guys so much and I can't believe I'm actually here! I'm excited to be one week closer to getting the heck out of the CCM and getting into the field! Love you guys.

Elder Leishman



Apparently this is a reference to the smelliness in the CCM.  LOL!




No comments:

Post a Comment