Monday, August 14, 2017

Week 33!

This week was pretty crazy! The assistants came down from Bogota to do some training so that was a lot of fun!  We got to have exchanges which helped out area out a lot, since its hard to find a lot of new investigators in a baptismal week.  But we luckily pulled through and had a good week!  We also ate mojojoy, the nasty worm that people eat in Leticia for some reason, haha! I sent a pic, but I don't think I can send a video.


Jei´s baptism was great!  He asked me to do the ordinance, which was super cool.  After doing the ordinance, I asked him how he felt, and he looks at me and goes "Oosh, vacano" which is just like "whoa, cool." Haha, he is awesome.  After that he gave his testimony and it was awesome. He talked about how he knew this was the true church.  He said he was so happy about the blessings he has seen in his family since their conversion.  He said that his family has never had so much unity so I'm super happy for him! He also is already talking about how he wants to go on a mission!  I'm super excited for him I know he is going to do great in life! 

This week we are in Bogota for a training with the president.  It's weird, Bogota just kind of seems like home.  Leticia is great, but its so hot and just kind of feels like vacation.  But coming home to Bogota just feels like normal life, haha.  So today we are hanging out with Elder Vega (Otavalo, Ecuador) and Elder Moreira (Brazil) so its gonna be a good ol' time.  

Other than that this week had just been passing like normal.  And yeah, I write in my journal everyday (except for yesterday and the next few days, we are travelling so we haven't been able to write) but I write as much as I can, so don't worry, Mom.
I haven't thought of anything I really need in a package, but just some things that I would like to have some day are more of those drink packets.  Haha, those things are heavenly.  Also, I know this sounds weird but I need a caribiner, and would like a smallish one from black diamond because I'm trunky for climbing, haha. I know you can find them at Scheels.  Thanks so much guys! Love you like crazy!  Talk to you soon!




Jei's baptism!  
 A HUGE thank you to Mercedes (in the middle, and Jei's mom), who sends me pictures! She is a true blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment